Thursday, May 26, 2011

I should be studying..

but I'm writing another blog entry instead.

I got signed up for summer classes. It's irritating how my required courses aren't offered in the summer, so I have to take prereqs or basic classes instead of my criminal justice/corrections courses. I'm taking Biology 104 which is an AIDS/HIV course, and Sociology 111 which apparently is "research heavy." ugh. I didn't really want that during the summer, but at least they are both online and at least neither of them are an accelerated course.. I HATE accelerated or "sprint" courses, as my COM 206 instructor calls them. I can't wait until fall when I can start my "real" classes and actually start learning more about corrections, the law, and basic officer practices.

I have people ask me "oh so you want to be a cop?" ..no. I am a corrections student and I aspire to be a parole officer. I wouldn't mind working in a halfway house or a detention center where I can actually help criminals become better people and help them to set a better example, you know, help rehabilitate them for their release into society. I don't want to write tickets and jump barbed wire fences and get chased by angry dogs and get involved in dangerous high speed chases. To hell with that.

well, that's all for now. I must finish this case study even though it's making my head hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment